Sonntag, 16. August 2009

...it's been a while...

I did not remember how much work moving was. Then again, I think I have never really moved like this before. Moving from Berlin my parents did all the work, moving to Canada just involved 2 suitcases cause the rest stayed in my room at my parents, then I moved out from my parents house but I did it in little bits and pieces, and Madrid, like Canada, involved more work putting things in boxes for storage than it involved unpacking...

Either way, I am nearly done now. There are still two and a half boxes with stuff left... the boxes with the stuff that you collected without really noticing, and for which now you cannot find a space :D haha
And there is soooo many books. I knew I had a lot of books, but somehow miracly, they all had a nice space in my old place. Now here, I have two big bookstands and still I have a huge box just with books left. I need to find a carpenter to build me bookshelves that I can put into the cupboards that are built into the walls here. They are made for clothes and thus just have one compartment to hang stuff.... Hey Joey, didn't you want to go down south when its winter in Montréal? I mean, you cant really build a house here, but I could need a good carpenter ;) Free beers included!!

I also had to realize that I have a lot of clothes and shoes. Frankly, I do not beat my mom in shoes and clothes, by far. Yet, for someone who mainly wears sneakers it is a lot... And guess what? After sorting all my shoes into sandals, winterboots (which I so didnt need to carry across the ocean), gym shoes, sneakers, highheels... I still wondered why I can find my red, my black, and my multicolored chucks, yet the brown ones and the green ones are missing. I am wondering if I sorted them out in Madrid, where I sorted out a lot of stuff that would get me over the 20kgs luggage for the plane... damn it, should have thrown out other stuff ;)
Also, so many clothes that I forgot that I had, because they went into storage two years ago, when I left to Madrid. Mainly work clothes, but also my favourite band shirts that are so damn worn out but that I just cannot throw out cause they are tied to the best concerts ever (like the Less Than Jake Shirt from my first rock concert ever, when they played with Bad Religion in Montréal) or just great moments and friends, like the "The Frikadells" t-Shirt which was made for me when I left to Madrid, from all my friends that were on my balcony on a random drunk bbq-burger night when we decided to start a band called "The Frikadells". We even prepared our "The Turtle is the Mailman" Tour and had already a bunch of songtitles... yet, we never reached the moment of actually hitting a single note together...

Moving is a lot of work. But as you can also see from this post, it brings back amazing memories. I found my two favourite stuffed animals in a box, for example. One of them a bear that my aunt had made for my birth, without which I have not slept a single night between my first days on earth and leaving for Canada. Other people have a small pillow, I used this bear as a small pillow (and frankly, by now he looks like a pillow, all flat...)

In another box I found the guitar that Anne and Joey made for me when i left Canada so that I would remember them. Next to it the Bongos that Andrea gave me at Grad Day for the same reason and a McDonalds Name tag from Allard, which was his first name tag of his first job that he was so damn proud of.

I found my high-school exams from my challenge classes physics and english, and my economics notes from my German University and from Madrid.

I found tons of pictures from being a child, from being a teenagers, from holidays in Estartit, from BBQs at my first own place, from work, from school, from university, from Berlin, Canada and Madrid. Maybe unpacking took me so long, caues I looked at them all ;)

But now I am sitting here, I nearly finished everything... I put up the pictures and paintings I brought. Kurt Cobain, who has been travelling with me since Canada, is back on the wall and looks down on my beautiful living room ;) (though this poster definitely needs a frame, it is starting to rip on all edges)

It is a nice sunday, a couple of clouds. Not too hot. And I feel really comfortable. Here. Finally. At my new place.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen