Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2009

Ah well, the brazilian way...

What has happened if suddenly you realize, that noone you are doing business with, is trusting noone around you nor you nor anyone is his own team? Well, easy: You tried to rent an appartment in Brazil.

I had to put down a deposit today, in order to get my keys. I went to the bank and asked them to show me how to do it, as I had never done it in Brazil and the vocabulary was just so strange... The guy was really nice and said he could do it "right here at the counter"... until he realized I am missing a piece of information (called CPNJ) which, next to bank number, account number, and name, makes sure that its the legitimate receiver.
I went back to office, called a few people, got the number. Back to the bank.
Oh, the guy said, this number is invalid.... he went to the back to check and found out there was apparently a zero missing. Next thing I hear: Oh, now, this number gives an error.
Mmmmkay... ?!
I went back to the office, called a few people, and apparently the numbers were correct. So this time, I tried to do it via online banking. The number apparently was correct, so was the 6 number code to enter, the token to enter, the token to reach the transfer page, the other 6 number password to confirm the transfer and the token to confirm the transfer but: Oooops, this is above your limit. Sorry.
Limit?! What limit?! It was so low, I would never be able to pay my rent in one piece... well, not even in two pieces... -> Back to the bank. Back to the counter.
There is one other possibility the lady said: You could use a check. Mmmmkaaay... I don't have checks yet. So I applied for checks. Got checks. But the real estate agency doesnt like checks.
Well, finally, some other person managed to enter my deposit and transfer it. Ouf. Finally. Lets get the keys.

Well, the contract was not yet signed by the owner. The receipt of my deposit was not enough for them to sign off that I had payed. And oh, the key was not there, cause there was a problem with the stove.

But as I needed the key, cause tomorrow my container arrives and I need to move in, I went to the building to pick up the keys and to tell them I was moving in tomorrow.
In the building we met the stove technicians, who had brought (again) the wrong thing and thus werent able to install it. And by the way, there is no electricity yet. And the laundry machine isn't plugged into the water tap yet. Oh, and yes, we cleaned it but left paint buckets and only used a sweep, no water or anything that really cleans. And no, we never talked about ACs being installed and a stove does never have an oven.

Oh well, I thought. Just how I had imagined it. Welcome to Brazil.
At least it looks pretty (in daylight).

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen