Donnerstag, 21. August 2008

Mmmmh, yummy lime juice...

I went back outside, as there is no point in sitting in my room of course.
It had cooled down a little and was slowly getting dark, so I decided to get a nice drink somewhere and to read in my travel book about Angkor Wat and its temples before searching for something to eat.
I found a nice bar and at one of the huge tables with couch-like seats sat a guy who seemed to travel alone as well. I figured, maybe he is up for a little chat, which would be more what I felt like than sitting alone, and so I asked if he would mind if I sat with him. He did not and so we started talking. His name is Paul, he is my age and on his travels around the world for quite some time now. It was really nice to talk to someone about seeing the world and I was really impressed by his journey he started over a year ago.
He gave me nice tips for the temples tomorrow and the hint to take a fresh squeezed lime juice from the bar we sat in. I can tell you guys, this juice was sooooo good. Really.
Paul also gave me some tips about where to go out in Siem Reap, where the people are, and where to eat. The hawker stalls here make such great food and it is so cheap, especially when compared to Madrid, ah well, when compared to Europe.
So I had a really nice and calm evening and am full with good food and information, and all set for tomorrow. Thanks Paul! I hope you have a great time in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Australia and where ever you go in between :)
Time to go to bed (and yes, it i insanely early forSspanish timing, but I have been up since 2:30am Cambodian time, and now its 20:42pm... I need these 7 hours of sleep I hope to get before I gotta get up and ready at 4:30am to take a Moto Ride in the dark towards Angkor Wat) Good Night!

PS: This one goes out to Rémy, mon grand frère adopté ;) qui a des beau vacances lune de miel, j'espère! Ce matin j'ai parlé avec une fille francaise (en francais), et quand sa copine est arrivé et nous avait ecouté, elle a pensé que je suis francaise! Pas allemand, ni canadienne, mais francaise.... hehehe, trop cool. Ca me ne paserais jamais, avant. Honestly. ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen