Sonntag, 17. August 2008

One Night in Bangkok...

***** In Bangkok, the blogspot site is blocked, so I will upload this later! *****

I entered my flight to Bangkok and sat down in a shiny pink seat of Thai Airways. All the seats around me were in gleaming purple, yellow or pink and they all had a purple pillow on them. I listened to Thai Pop and looked around the bangkok airport while taxiing. Well, I must admit, before we had reached the starting lane I had switched to Jason Mraz. Thai Pop is just not my music, it sounds like Mickey Mouse on Speed, played backwards.
While I enjoyed the start I really felt like a jet-setter person, realizing that this was the 13th plane start I enjoyed in the last four months...
Once up in the air, the apparently most beautiful stewardesses came out and yes, they were all very pretty, but moreover, they were also dressed in either yellow, or purple, or pink, while they served us a thai-chilli on purple trays, with pink dishes and yes, yellow sachets with salt and pepper. Thai Airways really understands the concept of "corporate colour... :)

We landed in Bangkok and were picked up by bus. It was the first time I actually had real "fresh" air since I left Frankfurt and it was still very warm, extremely humid and the smell reminded me dust or potatoes cooked with the peel. Yes, seriously, like potatoes. When you cook them with peel and dirt and leave the lid of the pot open, it smells like Bangkok Airport.
Imigration was absolutely no problem and within a few minutes I stood at baggage claim, belt 12, to await my luggage. Afterall, they said in Singapore that they would have it. I chose a point from where I had an easy look onto the beginning of the belt and when I saw a black backpack with grey sidepockets, a smile came onto my face: My bag. It made it. I went a few meters upfront to catch it and realized that it wasn't mine. I waited longer and longer, until a Thai Airways Lady came and told me that it was the last bag and that I should go to the Thai Airways Office to get more information.

I went and told them the bag got lost, so they placed it in worldtracer, the commonly used system from all airlines. I catched a metertaxi and told the lady where I wanted to go, and where I hopefully still had a room reserved. She started the SUV and I realized, that they drive on the left here, I had forgotten about that completely. Even though she drove a huge SUV with blue lights at the feet and an extra big and blue clock-like thing to measure her rounds per minute next to her radio, she did not drive faster than 80km... ever. One moment she even stopped to get gas in a little corner and asked me if I wanted to take the toll-road or the normal road. It wasnt expensive, however, I had the feeling she wouldnt drive faster and there werent many people on the road we had taken so far either. So I told he to take the normal road, so I could see more of the city.
The streets were still packed with people and little Ga-Kitchens that even blocked the road. A super market was still open as well ( it is called "eleven" but its logo is a "7"). It was just after midnight. In front of us I saw two TukTuks crammed with what looked and sounded like four drunk american students. The TukTuks drove right next to each other and the students from one TukTuk tried to clap the other peoples shoulders when they took a sharp right and nearly fell out of their mini-taxi.
When I arrived at the hostel, the room was still reserved for me. I went upstairs, put a little water in my face and then went outside to check out the region. I met some Spanish and some German people, but I was very tired. I decided to just go quickly into an internet cafe to tell my mom that I am okay and to check if my luggage has been seen anywhere. The luggage has not been seen, but I am convinced it will arrive with the morning machine. For sure.

I just quickly get a water in the supermarket around my corner and then go to bed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen